Thursday, September 17, 2009

W2D1

So today I started the second week. I was SO stoked about it last night. But this morning, I got an email, saying that I didn't get a job I was SO hoping I was going to get. I had spent the night with a friend, to help prepare for a surprise party. She left for work and told me I could use her treadmill. I jumped on that thing and BUSTED IT OUT! I did about a mile and a half, in about 22 minutes of walking and RUNNING MY ASS OFF. I did stretch..but I'm pretty sure I did over do it and I'll pay for it later. But hey, that's ok. It felt good. Other than doing this for my health, to lessen the severity of symptoms of a medical condition I have, running is so good to burn off frustrations and I think it helps me think a bit. I really don't like watching television or listening to music when I run, although, I would love a new iPod. I have one, but it's one of the first models and it only holds about 150 or so songs. Also, I believe keeping up with this blog and now a 5k which my lovely wonderful big brother is going race with me in, is helping me to not get so down about my LACK of employment. But at least that is giving me time to get healthy and in shape.

Wow. I can so ramble, huh? So...who knows if I'll get a wild hair to go running again today. I know that wouldn't be smart, but we'll see.

Stay tuned for another exciting episode of "As the Crazy-Insane-Chaotic World of Brandy Turns".

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry about the job Brandy. Good job on your run today though :)

Brandy said...

Thanks Rachel! Surprisingly, I'm not too sore today. Maybe I am getting stronger at this. I go for w2d2 tomorrow morning, so I should be good then. And, no worries, I'll find me a job soon.