Wednesday, September 16, 2009

W1D3

Well, I got thru the first week alive! Yay me!! Double yay for my health!!! And, I must say, I'm very proud of myself! I wasn't able though, to go the full time, because silly me didn't stretch the shins good enough. Ah well, I still impressed myself with how it was slightly easier to do more intervals today, rather than longer walking intervals!

I am finding though, that I'm really digging doing this program on walking/nature trails versus pavement. It gives a bit more so it's easier on my pitiful ankles. So I'm going to try my best to stick to that. Also, I'm pretty sure that I'll be running by myself most of the time, which is fine, but I found out Sunday that if I have a partner, I just keep going and going and going...is that a good thing? It felt good, to feel that burn, you know?

But regardless, I'm so sticking to this. I feel so good about myself! I can't believe how proud of myself I am, or how good I feel about myself! I'm also hoping to start posting inspirational tid bits...news stories...little factoids. There is a 5k here in Charlotte that I really want to go for in December, and I know that if I stick to this program and with the help all of you lovely people here and on Facebook, and **gasp** now Twitter, I know that I'll have the motivation and the support to do so! I'm so glad that I took this back up and it feels so good to do this!

So, on that note, I'm freaking exhausted. I'm looking forward to a day of rest and chillin' at my friend's house tomorrow evening, then back to running Thursday! The start of week two!! Oh the joy!!!

No comments: