Friday, September 11, 2009

W1D1

Ok...so, I did it. And, despite it all, I'm proud of myself!

So on day one, of week one, of this Couch to 5k thing, one is supposed to walk briskly for five minutes, as a warm up, which I did. Then do intervals of 60 seconds of jogging then 90 seconds of brisk walking for a total of 20 minutes, which I did.

I had no idea I was this bad out of shape!! I'm totally out of breath. My leg muscles are rebelling. I'm stretching them now. And, I also realized that when I do run/jog, I plant my foot straight down, instead of heal-to-toe. Maybe I need new shoes? Egh, that will have to wait until I get a new job.

But, despite it all, I worked up a good sweat, got the heart pumping, and I'm damn proud of myself! :D So...I can't wait until Sunday now!! W1D2, here I come!!!

No comments: